Monday, February 15, 2016

GREMLIN GRATITUDE FOR GROUNDBREAKING GROWTH

It's been an exciting week here at Yoga for Amputees. I have experienced exponential growth in the awareness of my work, along with incredible opportunities "arising out of thin air" ( which really means I have been putting hours, weeks, months , YEARS into my unwavering vision that Yoga for Amputees be THE BEST and most respected international system to support amputees with yoga worldwide). 

When my business starts to blossom in ways I always hoped ( and trusted) it would, ugly little gremlins stop by to whisper in my ear, stand in front of me with their invisible presence, and tease me at the moment I wake up .

Normally I talk to these gremlins to find out what they really need. I look deeper. I NEVER shut them up or take away their necessary presence in my life. They'll come back even stronger if I ignore them. We all have them  . This is nothing new. What's new for me, and maybe for you, is admitting them, celebrating them and learning from them with compassion. and humor. In other words, give them a little taste of their own 'medicine'.
In ancient Irish, the word for gremlin is gruaimin  which means "bad-tempered little fellow". For we spiritual femmpreneurs, we will change that to "bad tempered little girl".

What might a bad tempered little girl be telling you that might not "really be so bad" after all?
  • Bad tempered little girls sometimes have not had enough rest, good nutrition, laughter, hugs or downtime. Are you carving out time everyday to relax?
  • Bad tempered little girls , at least in Irish mythology, adore mischief. In other words, they LOVE to mess with people's sense of reality. Are your gremlins pointing out something that about how you view your reality? Are they messing with you to keep you off track? Do you waste a lot of time worrying, or posting on social media, to continue to avoid cleaning up your mess?  Are there steps you need to take first before you get to your grand vision? Are you living with a fear that stops you in your tracks but not doing anything about that fear? 
  • Bad tempered little girls sometimes feel grumpy because they are ignored. Are you listening to what your business wants, or are you doing what you think you should be doing?
  • Bad tempered little girls can feel small in the big bad world. They may puff themselves to feel important or shrink down to avoid getting squished. Are you being yourself in your business?
I've got a few fear gremlins that show up whenever my business is about to take a big leap upward. I confess they are not the "nicest" to mention. They make me extremely bad tempered!
  • Fear gremlin #1- Someone will steal my original work , change a few words. and call it their own. It's happened so many times in my yoga life I have lost count. Putting my work 'out there' means I talk to this fear gremlin, reassuring her that people will do what they are going to do and I can stay elevated and elegant in my actions.
  • Fear gremlin #2- There always seems to be someone louder, more popular and more visible who  steals my moment after working so hard to get there. Yup, not a pretty one. My little gremlin doesn't like that at all! That's when I call on my trust. The right person , the right opportunity, the right time, happens when I surrender to the sacred river of my life which is exciting!
Let your gremlins talk . Don't push them away. Draw a picture of them. Remember they are mischievous. Maybe they have green pigtails, or a sneaky smile. It is always possible to befriend your gremlins. As Don Corleone said " Keep your friends close and your enemies closer."
Checkmate.

I'd love to know. How do you handle your gremlins? 

No comments: