Friday, March 27, 2015

The Femmepreneur Expert : Who is She, and How Does She Do It?


Belief is everything. 

 

In this world of femmepreneurship I am asking myself every day, how is my inner world reflecting my outer world today? Where do I need to clean up my act, and where am I already polished and ready ?
For a long time, I worried about why certain aspects of my yoga and healing programs , and books, were not thriving the way I thought they "should" be. It's really tough when you have worked so hard to develop a training and have one person sign up, to see someone else with less experience , less qualifications and less "classy" marketing tactics flourish beyond their wildest dreams. I don't get jealous. I get mad- mad at myself, wonder what I am doing wrong, what I could be doing better, and the ultimate put down, one I think many of us suffer from- What's wrong with me?

How about nothing? 

I call it the Julia Roberts syndrome. Whether you agree with me or not, I for one think Julia Roberts is gorgeous, warm hearted , interesting, cool and a HORRIBLE actress. Yet, there she is , a mega movie star, getting the roles , getting the moolah, getting the recognition, getting the credit. 
I think it is because she just decided she was a good actress. She created the belief and the belief is reflected back to her.
I remember reading about an incident with Marilyn Monroe, where she was walking with a friend in NYC. No-one recognized her. The friend asked " Why didn't anybody recognize you?"  Marilyn's response? " I was being Norma Jean, not Marilyn Monroe".
Who are you in your public persona? Who are you in your private persona? Does your heart feel clean in how you present yourself? Are you being honest with who you really are? Have you really earned the right to call yourself an expert? Or are you diminishing yourself when indeed , you really are the expert? Are you giving yourself too much credit for someone else's work? Or are you giving yourself enough credit?

Who are you , expert?

 Here is my definition of the femmepreneur expert.



  • She has transformative knowledge to share with the world based on lived experience over an extended period of time, at least 10+ years
  • She has advanced study in her field
  • She  has written about her  field
  • She has taught extensively in her field
  • She  has found a unique spin and perspective in her field that makes it her own
  • She is playfully curious about her field 
  • She is not egotistical, but deeply embodies her knowledge 
  • She delights in discovery
  • She TRUSTS that her knowledge comes from a deeper source and gives credit to Grace.
  • She sings her true song, stays in her heart, and stands her ground
  • She lives from her body
  • She cannot be swayed.

How about you? How do you define expert? Send me an email. We'll chat.

No comments: