Monday, January 25, 2016

WHEN SUPER EGO GIRL WALKS INTO THE ROOM: THREE LIFE LESSONS IN PROTECTING YOUR SPIRITUALLY BASED BUSINESS







I'll admit it. Super ego girls make me cringe. I get anxious in my five toes. My soul feels like it sinks to the lowest portion of my abdomen. I find myself tightening every muscle, ready at a moment's notice for my competitive sprint across the finish line. I get lost in the whirlwind, grasping my way back home to my soul. 

Not everyone who professes to be a spiritual femmepreneur, including me, is living their spiritual truths all the time.I've seen it in subtle actions, and in appalling displays of absurd bravado.

Sometimes there just isn't enough room for all of us. Not because we don't all have a right to shine, but because when super ego girl takes over, she can bulldoze her way through an entire crowd of wise women who never saw her coming. 

Has this ever happened to you?

You are so excited to share your hard earned success story with one of your femmepreneur soul sisters. The moment you open your mouth, she is already dominating the conversation, telling you about her amazing news. What to do . What to do.

For the soft spoken among us,  I have learned to make sure to protect my precious business.

Recently I was at a women's luncheon . One woman , for some reason, seemed determined to one up me every time I spoke.The group were interested in my work . I shared that I had two book deals which was endlessly exciting for me. This particular woman immediately wanted to know the names of the publishers. I have never been so evasive in my life because I felt her competitive nature seething through her charming southern drawl. She wasn't getting any information out of me.

Here's why. 

LIFE LESSON ONE
TELL THE RIGHT PEOPLE . I am extremely careful with my precious pearls now. The spiritually powerful femmepreneur listens to her inner guidance first before sharing exciting news with anyone. In fact she often keeps her news to herself, so that it stays precious and sacred. Hard to do, but so worth it. Respect your dreams. .  DO NOT OVERSHARE.

Right before I moved to Ohio, a very successful and well known femmepreneur approached me on Facebook about a live event she was offering. It sounded interesting to me,( although the cost was outrageous) but I was moving that week and could not attend, so I graciously wished her well. Rather than wish ME well, she  bombarded me with guilt ridden messages, telling me to postpone my trip because "this event was going to change my life". In other words, if I didn't go , my business destiny was going to suffer irreparably.

LIFE LESSON TWO
STAY AUTHENTIC. In this new world of internet femmepreneurs , life coaches, "experts" with no formal training and all manner of "change makers", I often feel like a lone ranger who refuses to represent herself the way the "change makers" claim you need to, in order to 'make it'.  Changing your name and your dress code  may make you more marketable, but it won't impress we pure spirits. Give us the real goods. Authentic types won't fall for the inflated ego price tag. BE YOUR REAL SELF.

Last week I signed up for a yoga class. The woman at the front desk was busy chatting with other people behind the desk while she ignored me for quite some time. I waited. Eventually, she signed me into the computer without actually looking at me, took my money and sent me to the class. Sure enough, she was the yoga instructor. I got through the class with absolutely no sense of connection to her, the group or even my body. Her chill entered the room with her. Sacrificing one's humanity for the sake of being cool is a silly idea.

LIFE LESSON THREE
BE THE LOVE THAT YOU ARE. Be unafraid of presenting the full on loving, embracing, compassionate, present femmepreneur that you are. Love runs the show. When you are in your love, you show up wise , ready and fearless. You bring the depth of  human connection into every interaction you have.

I'd love to know. How do you protect your sacred business?
www.TheJOYbreakthrough.com




No comments: