Monday, January 11, 2016

INVISIBILITY : YOUR HIDDEN ASSET







Growing up,  I often felt unseen in this world. Feeling unnoticed has carried over into my adult life as well : frustration with not always being "seen" in certain circles, not always being valued for my expertise, not always being heard for my point of view, and  not always taken seriously for my contributions to the planet. With all my degrees, certifications, expertise and rich life experience, there are moments when I feel invisible.

Add to that all the 'visibility' of social media.  Everyone wants to be seen. And heard . And seen and heard again.  

For the past 30+ years, as I have danced my way in and out of various aspects of careers, I have had to let go, redefine, and recreate what I thought was important, what IS important and what is REALLY important. 

I have danced this on my own, in my own way, with only a few role models along the way.
My role models are iconoclasts who were rebels that changed the status quo by being completely outrageous, in touch with both their  dark and light. 
Often these iconoclasts were shy, contemplative, just wanting to be themselves in a world of conformity.

One of them died yesterday.

Here's his take on visibility.
“Fame itself is not a rewarding thing.  The most you can say is that it gets you a seat in restaurants. Other than that, there's very little about it that anybody would covet. I have my favourite times when I'm not recognized"

Feeling unnoticed at the moment? 
Here are some gifts invisibility is offering you.
Connection with the earth and animals
Ample time to develop your creative persona
Wild fashion experimentation
Intuition
Empathy
Time
A rich spiritual life
Refinement in your interactions with others.
Personal power
The ability to see with infinite eyes

Invisibility, in shamanic terms, is the final step in mastering your domain; to be the SEER, rather than the seen. Invisibility protects you from being misperceived. 
Transparency( which is really invisibility) is personal and professional freedom. Invisibility is sacred , where you can see life in its infinity . Invisibility is a power practice , to become the author of your life on your terms.  This kind of invisibility is by choice, infused with intention and purpose.
When you feel invisible, become the SEER.
Use your assets.
SEE HER.  
XO
Marsha



No comments: