Wednesday, February 18, 2015

Be a COOL Spiritual Womanpreneur: Respond to emails ASAP!!!




One of the greatest experiences I had this year was teaching yoga to warriors for the Wounded Warrior Project. I feel a great connection with warriors, because in my own way, I am a warrior myself. Plus, being an amputee gives me major street creds with veterans. They know I know something about loss , trauma and navigating life.
Not only was the experience incredible, the infrastructure was incredible. I knew , because the backbone of the Wounded Warrior Project is so solid, that my questions and comments via email would be responded to quickly, as in less than a day.
That’s the way I do my biz. Doesn’t everyone?
Apparently not.
I am fascinated  by emails I receive almost daily with the following ‘ Thank you for replying so quickly.”  “ Wow, that was quick.”
I got thinking.
What is the difference between a spiritually responsible womanpreneur leader, and one who appears to be?
Some might say you increase your power by NOT responding immediately, by letting the other  person sweat it out a little. That , of course, is for the womanpreneur who wants to win.. . something?
I say ‘No’. That’s not the model I follow. I don’t want to win anything. I have actually already “won”. I’m alive. You can read more about that major coup here.  That’s for another day.
What about being a true spiritual leader?
What about being so cool that you are bold enough, brave enough, responsible enough to respond to email requests ASAP because you care about your clients, potential clients and the role your business has for the greater good of all of us?
Here are my TOP TEN  leadership credos that guide my womanpreneur life.
  1. If it doesn’t feel good in your gut, don’t do it. Don’t assume that just because someone presents themselves as an expert means they are. Always trust yourself first.
  2. Ask
  3. Every experience is a mirror to personal and business growth which are intertwined.
  4. Be willing to take responsibility.
  5. Expect magic when you least anticipate it.
  6. It’s not personal, unless it is.( see #1 )
  7. Respond creatively and positively to challenges.
  8. The spiritual and lifestyle lessons of yoga are easily translatable and reflected in my business by how I conduct myself with others .
  9. Respond within 48 hours during business days to all correspondences.  It’s a nice thing to do. And it’s classy.
  10.  Integrity is everything. Integrity no matter, always.
If you haven’t responded to that email, do it now . Clean the slate.

No comments: